The CSC’s Mentoring Programme connects Commonwealth Scholars and Alumni to support knowledge and skills development and a practical understanding of how these can be implemented post-scholarship to achieve development impact.
The CSC aims to pair current Scholars with an alumnus working in a related or relevant field to their studies to provide individual advice and guidance during their studies.
Benefits of mentoring
Mentees will have the opportunity to:
- Gain academic support from an experienced alumnus working in a related or relevant field to their chosen subject
- Understand how the skills gained during a Commonwealth Scholarship can be implemented to support development impact in their home country
- Seek advice and support on living and studying in the UK
- Feel connected to the expertise available through the CSC Alumni community
Mentors will have the opportunity to:
- Share their expertise and experience to support Scholars in gaining appropriate skills and knowledge to achieve development impact in their home country
- Work with and learn from Scholars as part of their knowledge and skills development
- Develop new networks and collaborations
- Play an important role in developing future leaders and experts in their field
Following a successful application, Mentors and Mentees will be hand-paired based on their responses for a one-year cycle.
How to apply
All Commonwealth Alumni and incoming Scholars for the academic year 2019/20 who are eligible to take part in the CSC Mentoring Programme will be contacted about this opportunity. Please note that the Mentoring Programme is not currently available in all countries.
Alumni will receive an email notification in early-August.
Incoming Scholars will receive information in their Confirmation of Award letter.
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com